Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Day Four: Where does the time go?

Seriously. How can it be 9 a.m. already? And, as a deadbeat, what the hell am I doing up? Oh, right, my stepmom is very concerned about the phone guy coming to work on the phone jack in "my" room (the room previously known as the "office"). The phone guy's supposed to come sometime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., so that means we have to be up and ready for him. But, lo and behold, he's not here. Of course, if I hadn't gotten up, there would have been a knock at 8:01, I'm sure. Can't win for losing.

And I had to make sure "my" room was clean. Lest the phone guy think less of us and our good name is sullied in this town. Sullied!

Of course, all of this is a rant about my stepmom waking me up at 8 a.m. on a weekday (in the immortal words of
the Dude: "Is this a...what day is this?"). If that's not the hallmark of being a deadbeat, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home